this is what you’ll find if you look up the definition of true love in the dictionary
THE GREEN BOLIAN LOOKING AT HIS HANDS WITH RED/GREEN 3D GLASSES YOU GUYS.
- SEASON ONE
- janeway: since not all of you are starfleet i want to go over away mission protocol before we beam down
- janeway: first and foremost never become separated from your team
- janeway: all teams must report to the bridge at least once every 24 hours
- janeway: ensure that each of your teams has one emergency pack, consisting of one standard issue portable habitat, one medical supply kit, and two weeks worth of ration bars
- janeway: and of course remember to always conduct yourself with the grace and dignity befitting your position
- SEASON SEVEN
- janeway: all right before i release you people on this unsuspecting planet let's go over the rules
- janeway: no ruining the economies of foreign nations
- janeway: no getting eaten by giant worms
- janeway: no pretending to be someone's god to get free stuff
- janeway: no acquiring stray children
- janeway: no accidentally creating serial killers with your thoughts
- janeway: no gladiatorial death matches
- janeway: no barroom brawls
- janeway: no aiding robots in their war for world domination
- janeway: no sentient souvenirs imbued with the spirits of vengeful lovers
- janeway: no selling drugs for your childhood friends
- janeway: no getting kidnapped
- janeway: no accidentally aiding totalitarian regimes
- janeway: and finally
- janeway: no getting arrested
- janeway: i think that's everything
- tom: hehehehe
- janeway: what
- tom: YOU DIDN'T SAY WE HAVE TO WEAR PANTS
- janeway: tom put some pants on
- tom: YOU DIDN'T SAY IT
- janeway: tom
- tom: SEE YOU IN THREE DAYS
- janeway: tuvok
- janeway: add pants to the list
[I loved it when Q showed up in Voyager, and then brought along Riker with him! I wished they made more episodes with Q, Janeway, and Riker.]
In this episode, Q says that he “was betting Riker would get this command,” and wow, can you imagine Riker in command of Voyager? It would have been such a different ship. As laid back as Riker is personally, he allows pretty much zero fucking up by his subordinates (“ONE AYE IS SUFFICIENT, ENSIGN”). Coming from the Enterprise, which was filled with polished officers who worked their whole careers for a shot on the flagship, I don’t know how he would have dealt with the motley crew of people who don’t necessarily all want to be there.
Sometimes I get frustrated when Janeway changes her decisions based on the emotional appeals a crewmember (e.g. B’Elanna in “Barge of the Dead”), but this particular crew really needed Mama Janeway sometimes more than Captain Janeway. Riker is an awesome CO and I’m sure he would have found a way to whip the crew into shape, but Janeway took it upon herself to help them grow as people as well as officers, which so many of these screwed-up cutie pies needed.
(Though, of course, if Troi went along with Riker to Voyager… let’s be real, having a counselor on Voyager would have changed the entire show.)
I officially need to rewatch Voyager from start to finish. I do not remember this happening.
How long would it take me if I watched one show a day for the rest of however long it took. Because I need to do that.
Like not even half a year! Totally doable!
(Though if you just want to see Riker’s total experience on Voyager, it’s about 4 minutes of “Death Wish.”)
6.26 | Unimatrix Zero: Part 1
"You have the bridge."
She’s passing the torch on the bridge in front of everyone, just in case she doesn’t make it back, so the crew knows know she supports him, and because he didn’t agree with her but she knows he’ll accept the gesture so the crew know he supports her. And she’s also taking his hand one last time, just in case.
Whatever else you can say about her, this lady knew how to hold a gun and give no fucks.
I really just loved the actress who played her. SHE HAD THE BEST MOST MUSICAL VOICE!
SESKA FANCLUB: ASSEMBLE.
WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH
Torres, Torres, Torres…
Reblogging for this added gem.
Aww it’s because B’Elanna only went to the first year of Starfleet Academy and Engineering 301: Padding Your Estimates is a third-year class.
six caps per episode → raven
The secret I don’t be afraid of the clay.