"Oh, the future is great, Ensign Mayweather. Earth survives, we’ve got holodecks, replicators… our ships go above Warp 9…"
"I went Warp 10 once, but I don’t recommend it."
"And about the holodecks-"
"But what I really want to know about the future, pilot to pilot, is: how did you get lines?"
- Janeway: I'm your captain. That means I can't always be your friend. Understand?
- Seven: No. However, if we are assimilated our thoughts will become one and I'm sure I will understand perfectly.
- Janeway: ...
- Seven: A joke, Captain. You yourself have encouraged me to use my sense of humor.
there is a reason why i’m not a professional artist
i wanna print this out and frame it
[As a woman I’m so sick of people talking about the ratios of men and women, or the positions of men and women, or the interactions of men and women in Voyager. The bloody captain was a strong willed, protective, beautiful, intelligent, and snarky woman. Isn’t that enough for you people? Oh I’m sorry, you probably just need a ship filled with only women that god modes the Delta and Gamma quadrant.]
It’s convenient that when somebody opens with “As a ____…” you already know they’re about to say something douchey.
- Riker, TNG: Absolutely not! That would destroy what makes me unique!
- Janeway, VOY: Yeah, sure. Let us go and you can copy the whole damn ship. Literally, even the damn ship. Copy everything. You can possibly even BE us for a few episodes. #yolo